With the seasons changing and the weather beginning to warm up, it’s time to think about what you can do in order to prep your car, truck, or motorcycle for the changing seasons. If you’re transporting your vehicle in the US as many people do during the spring, it’s a great time to tune up your ride or just give it a once over to ensure it is ready to go.
What Are Some General Spring Time Car Care Tips?
If you’re not sure where to start, take a look at these tips and do as many as you can. If you don’t feel comfortable performing them yourself you may want to consult a professional service.
- Review the owner’s manual and follow the recommended service schedule. You do have your owners manual don’t you?
- If you’ve had trouble starting your car, if it has stalled out or been rough, have it serviced. This type of behavior will only get worse in the warmer weather.
- Get the oil and filter changed
- Check the condition of your tires and inflate to the correct pressure if necessary
- Change out of your snow tires if your area is not going to be freezing any more
- Replace your windshield wiper blades
Another good idea is to take your car to the wash and make sure that the underside gets rinsed. This is especially important in areas where heavy use of salt occurs due to snowfall.
If you will be shipping your vehicle this spring or summer, visit us for a great personalized transport quote.
This article, http://blog.cobaltautoservices.com/car-transport-service/spring-time-car-care/, was first posted at Cobalt Auto Transport Blog.